Last weekend I took part in the mini-Bloggiesta event. It’s a great chance to do some much needed housekeeping and work on ways to make your blog better. Even more fun- there was a twitter chat on Saturday night and I got to spend an hour tweeting with like-minded bloggers, asking questions and getting questions answered. It was a high-speed online cocktail party where, instead of talking I was typing as fast as I could!
The final step to this challenge was to check back in with an update as to how I’d done. Most bloggers accomplished this by Wednesday but, for whatever reason, I lost all the momentum I had and so, today, here are my results. Bottom line? This is a fun way to get things done and bring the focus back onto your blog. I’ll definitely be participating again!
- Add reviews to Goodreads and Library Thing
- Change or fix one thing on sidebar Started on this but decided it’s a larger issue and am contemplating a complete blog overhaul
- Write reviews for at least two backlogged books Done but I don’t seem to learn from this- already have 4 more reviews to write!
- Get caught up on book blogs- with comments! Enjoyed getting back in touch with blogs I enjoy and learning about even more books
- Do two mini-challenges One mini- challenge completed and one in process. Thank you Shannon @RiverCityReading
I’m glad the twitter chat was so good. I’m sorry i missed it but the time difference it would have been in the middle of the night! It was my first bloggiesta and i can’t wait to do more.
Andi (@estellasrevenge) says
You did a great job!!! I wish I’d been able to do more, but I was too far under the weather. 🙁
Katie @ Words for Worms says
Great progress!!! I’m impressed.
Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf says
Good job! And eeeek a blog overhaul? Exciting and overwhelming all together, right? Good luck with it, hope all goes smoothly and you’re thrilled with the result!
I’m in need of a blog overhaaul too. It’s getting there, but I’m also thinking about switching the self-hosted too. So then I start to thinking why bother working on my wordpress.com site. And that’s a slippery slope for someone like me (read: anal and picky) to get on…
Someday I want to do one of these…
I’m self-hosted and have decided to do things slowly- but consistently. I’m terrified of using a new theme because I don’t understand that much about child themes and so how do I work on something new without crashing the existing site? Bleech.